What Is Vantage?
The Vantage media processing platform is based on a flexible service-oriented architecture, Vantage is made up of discrete services and connectors that combine to create powerful automated workflows – all under unified system control. Vantage services provide transcoding, media capture, metadata processing, media analysis, and content assembly. Vantage connectors enable seamless, API-level integration with third-party systems.
Who uses Vantage?
Content owners, producers, and distributors use Vantage to quickly, easily, and cost-effectively ingest, edit, transform, package, monetize, and distribute their media. Vantage has many media partners in the Industry, and this blog will highlight Vantage and Backblaze working together to deliver media to and from the Cloud.
Telestream Vantage supports Backblaze B2 for several common Actions as part of a Workflow.
Before You Get Started
Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage is only supported in Telestream Vantage 8.1 Update Pack 2 or later. If you encounter an error while configuring Backblaze B2, please download and install Update Pack 2 from Telestream here.
Please note that the standalone installer for Update Pack 2 must be run and not the main installer.
Configuring Telestream Vantage
While this guide shows how to configure Backblaze B2 with the Deploy Action, the steps are the same for any Action that supports Cloud Storage like Watch and Associate.
- In the Vantage Workflow Designer, right-click your Action and select Configure.
2. In the next prompt, select Export as the deployment type.
3. Next, choose Generic S3 as the option for File System as shown here.
4. In the Generic S3 Url field, enter the S3 Endpoint found on the Buckets page of your Backblaze B2 account (this will also update the Server field).
5. Enter the credentials from your Application Key in the Access Key and Secret Key fields with your Application Key ID and Application Key respectively and then check the box to Use HTTPS. The Generic S3 field will automatically update as you enter information in the other fields. Once this is done, click Next.
6. On the next screen, your Buckets in B2 Cloud Storage will appear as folders. Choose the Bucket you wish to use and click Next.
7. Click Next to accept the default Collision resolution of “Create Unique Name” and then click the Finish button on the final screen.
If you’re not sure where to get started with building Workflows, Telestream offers several Workflow Examples you easily import into the Vantage Workflow Designer available here.